So You Want a Beautiful Airbrush Tan? Learn How to Prepare and Care For it First
Getting an airbrush tan is a great alternative to tanning beds for those who would like a gorgeous, bronzed look in a matter of hours. Once you have made your appointment, take these steps to prepare in advance, and care for your beautiful airbrush tan after.
Before your tanning appointment
- Shower and exfoliate: The night before your appointment, or the morning of, be sure to take a nice hot shower and use an exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin cells, and create a clean canvas for your tan. Avoid oil based exfoliates as these can leave a residue on your skin. You’ll also want to shave!
- Limit use of products: After your shower, and before your appointment, be sure to avoid using perfumes, lotions, sprays, make up, or deodorant. Having these on your skin can affect the consistency of the color on your skin.
- The day of: Arrive at your appointment with your hair pulled up and away from your skin. Wear dark-colored clothing to avoid any transfer of color to the fabric.
During your tanning appointment
Please make your technician aware of any issues or trouble spots you may have noticed during previous airbrush tans.
After your tanning appointment
- Do not apply anything to your skin for the rest of the day, including lotion, perfumes, sprays, and make up.
- Wait 10 to 12 hours before showering or getting wet. This allows the tan to fully dry. Use hand sanitizer on your hands only to clean them.
- Avoid sweating for 10 to 12 hours, and wait to exercise until after you take your first post-appointment shower.
- Your first shower should be a warm water rinse with no soap. During this shower you’ll see some color run off. Don’t worry! Your tan is fine. This is just the bronzer that is used for the technician to ensure complete coverage.
- Moisturize every morning and evening. We can recommend the perfect moisturizer to maintain your tan, but you’ll want to avoid products with miners oils or fragrances.
We’d love to help you get the perfect color this summer. Contact us today and have a beautiful airbrush tan by tomorrow!