You have just gotten a spray tan, and you need it to last long term. There are specific steps to take to maintain your new flawless glow without making it streak or fade. Here are our quick tips to managing your new spray tan.
Following Your Spray Tan Appointment
It is essential to take proper care of your skin immediately following your appointment. These are three rules to follow after your appointment that are found on our website here.
- Do not use lotion, deodorant, moisturizer, or perfume for the rest of the day.
- Wait 10-12 hours before showing, sweating, or exercising.
- Only wash the palms of your hands with hand sanitizer.
At Bronze Tan, we use Norvell solution, which is water-soluble, so that it will rinse from most clothing. No worrying about staining your clothes following your appointment.
First Shower After Spray Tan
The first shower after your spray tan can be the scariest because you don’t want to ruin your flawless tone. At Bronze Tan, we know if you follow these steps, your first shower will not affect your tan.
- Shower 10-12 hours after your appointment
- Warm water only, don’t scrub hard, and gently use soap
- You will see a tea color rinsing off your skin. No need to worry, your tan is still intact! The cosmetic bronzer is rinsing off just as it is meant to.
- Pat your skin dry gently after your shower.
- Apply moisturizer the morning and evening after your first post-tan shower.
- Avoid moisturizers with oils and fragrances
Bronze Tan offers Norvell’s Amber Sun Color Extender or Daily Moisturizer that are ideal to maintain your tan. These products can be purchased in-store.
Maintaining Your Sunless Spray Tan
After your appointment, you want to make sure you follow the steps to keep your tan even for longer. Here are four tips that we recommend to maintain your glowing tan.
- Moisturize every morning and night!
- Avoid long, hot showers and baths, and exfoliation.
- Gently dry your skin after each shower.
- Take care of your tan when exercising – Friction and excess sweat can cause your tan to fade prematurely or unevenly.
If you are interested in more tips and tricks to keep your tan from fading early, visit our website here. At Bronze Tan, we offer the best of sunless tanning and UV tanning in the Clayton and Brentwood area. We are a local and family-owned salon for over ten years and pride ourselves on customer service and flawless, natural-looking tans. To make an appointment to achieve your best tan yet, call us in Clayton at (31) 932-7520 or in Brentwood at (314) 918-0640 today!