Summer has arrived—and if you’re like me, you’ve been hiding under a hoodie for the past seven months, and your skin is not ready to make its debut. Having a spray tan to start your summer glow is an excellent idea. Spray tans provide coverage of the winter pale, but also give a head start for continuous sunbathing throughout the summer. A common question asked on the topic of spray tanning is, can you still tan afterward? The answer, in short, is yes! Here are some fun facts about tanning after a spray tan.
Tanning after a spray tan
1. The solution used in a spray tan does not contain UV protection from sun rays. However, sunscreen can be applied to the skin and, sunbathing can be done. Remember to wait for the suggested allotted time after a spray tan to apply any products.
2. A tanning bed can be used with a spray tan. Though, the tanning bed is suggested to be used before the application of a spray tan.
3. A water-based sunscreen is best to use after a spray tan. Any product that contains oil will affect the spray tan with streaks or patches.
4. Apply SPF as usual on days of sunbathing, but be mindful that after an applied spray tan, it may be difficult to notice if your skin is darker or burning.
5. Tanning after spray tan provides a flawless fade away until your next spray tan adventure.
See! Absolutely, you can tan after a spray tan. You can use the natural rays from the sun or hop into a tanning bed. If you keep the after spray tanning fun facts in mind, you are sure to gain the glow of the summer you’ve been searching for.